What is a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (Dependent Care FSA)?

A dependent care FSA provides a way to pay dependent care expenses and lower your taxable income. You direct part of your before-tax pay into a special account to pay work-related dependent care costs. You can use your account throughout the year to help pay for eligible expenses. Your expense must be for the purpose of allowing you and, if married, your spouse to be employed. Members can enroll in an FSA during a new hire event, open enrollment, or during a qualifying life event. For more information, contact UMR at 1-888-763-8232.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, EPO, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), HMO, LD