What happens to my HSA if I am no longer an eligible individual? For example, if I change coverage from the CDHP to the LD, EPO or HMO, or if I enroll in Medicare?

If you are no longer an eligible individual, you can still receive tax-free distributions to pay or reimburse your qualified medical expenses, however, you can no longer contribute money to your HSA.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, EPO, Health Savings Account (HSA), HMO, LD, Medicare