My spouse/domestic partner is covered under his/her employer’s group health plan. If they lose coverage from their employer, do I need to wait until open enrollment to add him/her as a dependent on my plan?

You will not have to wait until Open Enrollment to add your spouse/domestic partner. The loss of employer-sponsored group coverage is a qualified family status event. However, you must submit a request within 60 days of the date your spouse/domestic partner’s other coverage ended.

Category: Eligibility