Do I need to be a United States citizen to open and contribute to an HSA?

In general, you must be a United States citizen, green card holder, or a United States resident to participate. An HSA cannot be opened without a verifiable United States residential address and a valid United States Social Security Number.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, Health Savings Account (HSA)