Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)

The Public Employees’ Retirement System’s website is intended to inform members, retirees, and the general public of the functions and benefits of the retirement system. The PERS website provides information regarding membership, retirement benefits, and the PERS investment program.

Carson City: (775) 687-4200 or (866) 473-7768
Las Vegas: (702) 486-3900 or (866) 473-7768

Retired Public Employees of Nevada (RPEN)

RPEN is a membership association that protects the interests of retirees and eligible employees still working and covered by the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS).

(775) 882-7832


Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is part of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). CMS administers Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the Health Insurance Marketplace.

1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)

Silver State Health Insurance Exchange (Nevada Health Link)

Nevada Health Link is an organization created by the State of Nevada offering income-based health insurance plans, tailored to your specific needs and budget. It is the state-based insurance exchange under the Affordable Care Act.

(775) 687-9939

State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)

SHIP offers free, one-on-one assistance and counseling to help with the issues seniors may encounter with Medicare. They assist with everything from Medicare eligibility and benefits to Medicare programs (including enrollment in Part D, the prescription drug benefit plan, general Medicare coverage, and Medicare limitations).

(800) 307-4444

Las Vegas: (702) 486-3478

Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP)

The Division of Health Care Financing and Policy works in partnership with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to assist in providing quality medical care to eligible individuals and families with low incomes and limited resources. Services are provided through a combination of traditional fee-for-service provider networks and managed care.

Las Vegas: (702) 668-4200

Reno: (775) 687-1900

Carson City: (775) 684-3676

Elko: (775) 753-1191

Social Security Administration (SSA) / Social Security and Medicare Publications

Contact the Social Security Administration to request a Social Security number and card (or a replacement card), apply for Social Security retirement or disability benefits, apply for Medicare, apply for other benefits, and request forms and publications.

(800) 772-1213 or TYY (800) 328-0778

Reno: (800) 352-1605

Las Vegas: (702) 248-8717

Advocates for Elders

The Aging and Disability Services Division’s Advocates for Elders Program provides advocacy and assistance to frail older adults who are 60 years of age or older, primarily homebound, and living in the community. It also provides resources and information to any older adult, their family and friends, and community and advocacy groups.

Las Vegas: (702) 486-3545

Reno: (775) 688-2964

Carson City: (775) 687-4210

Elko: (775) 738-1966