The Life Services Toolkit provides eligible participants with access to the following online tools and services:
- Estate Planning Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Health and Wellness
- Identity Theft Protection
- Funeral Arrangements (calculate funeral costs, find funeral-related services and make decisions in advance)
To learn more about the support tools available and the beneficiary services, please see the Life Services Toolkit Flyer.
Note » Life Services Toolkit is available to active employees and retirees enrolled in a PEBP-sponsored medical. Reinstated retirees are not eligible for this benefit.
Travel Assistance is available when you travel more than 100 miles from home or internationally for up to 180 days. Dependents traveling on business for their employers are not eligible to access these services during those trips. This program is designed to help active employees, retirees, and employee’s dependents enrolled in a PEBP sponsored medical plan respond to medical care situations and other emergencies you may experience while traveling. The program also offers aid before and during your trip, including:
- Passport, visa, weather and current exchange information, health hazards advice and inoculation requirements,
- Emergency ticket, credit card and passport replacement, funds transfer and missing baggage
- 24/7 365 phone access to registered nurses for health and medication information, symptom decision support, and help understanding treatment options
- Emergency evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility and medically necessary repatriation to your home, and a host of other services shown in the Travel Assistance brochure.
Note » Travel Assistance is available to active employees and retirees enrolled in a PEBP-sponsored medical plan. Reinstated retirees are not eligible for this benefit.
Short Term Disability insurance is designed to pay you a benefit in the event you cannot work because of a covered illness, injury, or pregnancy. This benefit replaces a portion of your income to help you meet your financial commitments in time of need. For more information contact The Standard at 1-888-288-1270.
Employees and eligible retirees enrolled in a PEBP-sponsored medical plan receive a Basic Life Insurance benefit as part of their benefit package. You may also apply for Voluntary Life coverage to supplement the Basic Life amount.
Employees may apply for any multiple of $5,000 up to a maximum of $500,000. Retirees may apply for any multiple of $5,000 up to a maximum of $50,000. Evidence of insurability may be required. If you have questions, contact The Standard at 1-888-288-1270.
You may be eligible under the “Portability and/or Right to Convert” provisions. Details regarding these options are available in the policy Certificates located on The Standard’s website or view the Portability and Conversion FAQ. You must apply in writing to The Standard and pay the first premium within 31 days after your employment terminates. For more information, contact The Standard at 1-888-288-1270.