CDHP Enhanced Primary Care Provider – UNR School of Medicine
The Public Employees’ Benefits Program has partnered with the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine to offer the choice of a new primary care practice to members enrolled in the CDHP. This practice is located in Reno and will be available to Reno and Carson City area residents.
The Enhanced Primary Care Practice Model serves to provide comprehensive adult Internal Medicine care, unparalleled access and chronic disease management. The General Internal Medicine Faculty directly supervise and oversee specifically selected resident physicians who have interest in establishing a long-term relationship with their patients. The Enhanced Primary Care Practice emphasizes the importance of preventive health measures and represents a new collaborative health care model between physicians and their patients to a more personalized level.
PEBP members who elect to use this provider can expect numerous benefits within the Enhanced Primary Care Practice. Foremost, is the Personalized Prescriptive Health Assessment, a comprehensive visit designed to review one’s current health status while providing clients a descriptive 10-year guide of future recommended screenings. Other benefits include longer visits, same day access for acute illness and utilization of a secure internet to communicate non-emergent issues to staff. For urgent medical issues after hours, patients will be able to directly communicate by phone with resident physicians, whom will have remote access to a client’s record providing a full range of patient care. PEBP members enrolled on the CDHP will be able to join the new practice model beginning July 1, 2017.
For more information or to enroll as a patient, please contact the provider at (775) 982-5000 and ask for the UNR MED Enhanced Primary Care Practice. Please note that this option is not available until July 1, 2017.
- Enhanced Primary Care Provider located in Reno in partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
- Patient-Physician Collaboration focusing on Preventive Health Care
- Team based primary care that focuses on spending additional time with patients
- Same Day Access by Appointment
- Contractual Agreement
- Patient agrees to initial entry with prescriptive preventive health assessment
- Use of MyChart for communication
- After Hours Direct Physician Contact By Cell Phone
- Enhanced Primary Care Provider located in Reno in partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno Medical School
- Problem Oriented Visits/ Preventive Health Care
- Walk in Access
- Non-Contractual agreement
- no requirement for preventive visits
- no requirement for use of MyChart
- After Hour Physician Contact Via Care Center